Membership Level Flexibility – Upon joining MABA you have a choice in your membership level!Â Individual, family and business membership levels are available.Â Each level allows varying number of members to be associated with the membership as follows:
- MABA Annual Membership – A basic membership that allows one (1) member to sign-up.
- MABA Family Membership – A bundle membership that allows two (2) members.
- MABA Annual Business Membership – A bundle membership that allows up to three (3) members and links your business on the RESOURCES page of the website.
- MABA 15 Year Business Membership – A bundle membership that allows up to five (5) members and links your business on the RESOURCES page of the website.
Team of the Year eligibility – MABA member competition teams chase points all year to win cash and unique awards in two Master series divisions and one Backyard division.
- Master series teams that compete frequently (8 or more comps/year) and teams that cook less (7 or less comps/year) in the Mid-Atlantic will have their points tracked week by week and results posted on MABA’s website.
- Backyard teams have access via RESOURCES page on the website to their own backyard page via where teams are listed and points are tracked.
MABA State Cup eligibility – MABA designates one contest in each of the eight MABA states to be that state’s MABA State Cup. The highest MABA member competition team finisher from that state will walk away with top honors and the following prize awards:
- A really cool state cup trophy!
- A $250 check!
- A beautiful Gunter Wilhelm knife!
Membership Directory – Connect with your fellow MABA members online with exclusive access to MABA’s online membership directory. Located on MABA’s website, utilize this convenient member benefit to network with other members and find out where they’ll be cooking or judging next. Also, locate MABA’s business members and support great business right here in the Mid-Atlantic.
Free digital subscription to National BBQ News, sent monthly to all MABA members. National BBQ News is a barbecue information super highway keeping track of ALL things barbecue.
Free Annual Meeting Registration – Celebrate the Mid-Atlantic barbecue season’s accomplishments and hang out with fellow competition teams, judges, reps, and barbecue enthusiasts at MABA’s Annual Meeting. Team of the Year winners are honored, new board members are announced, and there is an epic giveaway for tons of great prizes, competition entries, and even cookers are raffled off! And, a great spread of heavy appetizers and snacks are provided all FREE for MABA members!
Social Events – MABA members often convene at several social gatherings throughout the competition season. Potluck dinners are often hosted by MABA members and we hope you join us out on the competition circuit. Also, what’s a competition without a good luck MABA shot on Saturday morning?? Come wish your fellow competitors good luck and enjoy a delicious libation (and sometimes snacks) to get your mind right and focused on cooking great barbecue!
MABA Newsletter emailed to members – MABA recruits volunteer writers to create intriguing articles about the latest news and events in competition barbecue, with a Mid-Atlantic focus. The MABA newsletter is delivered to your inbox and contains contest recaps, tips from top pitmasters, interviews with grand champions, team and business member profiles, recipes, TOY points updates, and much, much, more.
Members-only access on mabbqa.com – Gain access to members only information upon logging in.
Voting – Every year MABA members are nominated and serve on the MABA Board of Directors. These leaders of the association, charged with moving the association forward, are nominated by their peers and voted on by MABA members. Membership levels allow varying number of members to vote.Â i.e. An Annual Membership allows one member to vote while a Family Annual Membership allows up to two members to vote.Â Make sure your membership profile is update to date and accurate with correct email addresses per member.Â These are often tightly contested elections and every vote counts!